Adding pasta to your salad is a fun and easy way to transform a boring and dull salad into an exciting and wholesome meal. This recipe is of that kind. Just look at it, everyone is eating salad the same old way. Everyone tells that salad is nothing but the same set of vegetables and greens
Broccoli Tahini Pasta SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Medium
This healthy broccoli pasta salad is made with vegan Tahini dressing(We love to call it Arabian Salad Dressing!!!). Perfect for healthy dinner nights!!
2 cups uncooked fusilli/farfelle pasta
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dressing – Arabian Salad Dressing
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons tahini (if not available then replace with greek yogurt)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, more for squeezing at the end
2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon of sea salt
3 tablespoons water
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, mustard, honey, salt, and water. Set aside.
- Prepare a large pot of salted boiling water and a large bowl of ice water. Drop the broccoli into the boiling water and blanch for 1-2 minutes, until tender but still bright green. Remove and immediately immerse in the ice water to stop the cooking processing. Keep in the ice water long enough to cool completely, about 30 seconds. Then, drain and place on a kitchen towel to dry.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, cooking until cooked but not mushy. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, basil, and the pasta. Drizzle with the dressing and toss. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and squeezes of lemon, if desired. Sprinkle with the walnuts and chill for 15 minutes.
- Add some green beans for an extra crunchy texture.
- Add some sun-dried tomatoes in place of cherry tomatoes to bring that tangy flavor we all love.